Description: Malibu Backyard Renovation
Time to Build: 12 Weeks
Neighborhood: Malibu, California
Date: April 2019
The existing backyard consisted of all sod and a pool/spa that was built in the 1990's. The new owner of the property had updated the structure and were ready to reinvent the space. A big item on the list was to enlarge the pool, straighten out the dersign of the pool, and drop the spa to ground level. At the same time the owner wanted to magnify the amazing view of the Malibu canyon and create outdoor entertainment spots.
- Pool/Spa: The existing pool was widened by almost 500 sqft. The spa was sunk and put at ground level as the existing sopa (pictured) was elevated almost 24" out of the ground. All new equipment, LED lighting, Speakers, Jets, Etc... were installed in the new pool.
- New Patio: Poured concrete slabs with a smooth finish were installed to match the structures existing architecture. The owner expressed a desire to have clean lines all around.
- Outdoor Fireplace: We built bench seating areas and installed a 5'x5' natural gas fire feature. The area was in the most ideal spot to enjoy the view and includes an outdoor cabana with curtains.
- Landscape Lighting: Installed 20+ FX Luminaire landscape lights for mood enhancement. These lights can change color and brightness via an app on your phone.
- Landscaping: Very few plants were installed and mainly just sod and finishing material. The property owners wanted the landscaping to be minimal.
- Outdoor Kitchen: An outdoor kitchen/bar area was constructed with an over head pergola. The kitchen includes a full bar area, mini fridge, 42" BBQ, full cabnitery/warming drawers, etc...